About Me

My photo
I'll be chatting/rambling here occasionally about what i'm making, sewing or what i'm learning walking this life...and all the blessings that have come my way. Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from You!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

shhhh...it's a surpise!

I decided to whip up some wee little pouches. I just love to make itty bitty things...not sure why..just do! One of my other favorite things to do is goody bags...goodness ...give me half a reason -I'm putting together goody bags...this week...you guessed it ....daughter going to college.



For my older daughters, i would put together a little something, along with a note and leave hidden packages for her and her roommates...so I'm working on Cassidy's roommates presents. I decided to whip up a pattern for these little pouches for college id's, a few dollars and maybe a chap stick..added the swivel hook so they could add it to their book bag or add their keys and be ready to go. I added a Starbucks card to the pouch and I'm off the wrap them. I also added Jeremiah 29:11 on a little gift tag.



"For I know the plans I have for you", say the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."


**These pouches were made off a 5 inch square. I did cut them down slightly (no 2 ever a like), I also square off the bottoms. Otherwise made just like any other lined, zippered pouch! (more unbleached cotton used---MY FAVORITE...i think it has a linen look for a WAY cheaper price! These little purses are a fabulous way to use up the scrap bucket.


Happy Monday!

7 comments:

zigzago said...

Hi Shelia, These little purses are so beautiful! You made a georgous choise of fabrics! Have a nice and creative week! Hugs, Renata.

Miss Gracie's House said...

What a sweet thing to do...to be *productive* during this hard time. I love it!
All of your posts about *daughters and leaving* really touched my heart. It really is a hard thing to do, isn't it? I likeit here...I'll be back soon.
Rene'

Bible Babes said...

Your wonderful and I miss you terribly right at this moment! Been thinking about you and Cass and the empty nest...
Big hugs to you both.

lady m said...

Oh Sheila, what a generous soul you are ;)

The pouches are just darling!

lady m

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel