About Me

My photo
I'll be chatting/rambling here occasionally about what i'm making, sewing or what i'm learning walking this life...and all the blessings that have come my way. Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from You!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Letting Go



A Mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
Dorothy Canfield Fisher (1879-1958)

As daughters, it's hard to let go of our mothers. No matter how old we are, we still hear their voices in our heads. But as much as we love them, as much as they love us. God wants His voice to be louder than our mothers'.

As mothers, it's hard to let go of our daughters. We would like to be with them wherever they go in life, protecting them from all life's dangers. But God wants us to put our daughters in His hands, trusting that His love will provide for them far better than we ever could.
from...Just the Girls