About Me

My photo
I'll be chatting/rambling here occasionally about what i'm making, sewing or what i'm learning walking this life...and all the blessings that have come my way. Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from You!

Monday, August 3, 2009

It's all in the little things!


As i've whined...(giggle) daughter Cassidy is leaving for school soon. I have two older girls that along with all the other treasures packed up for school-we made a gift box. You know little things to give for birthdays that don't break the ole' college budget. So i've been making little pouches...could be for make up, change purses etc...a place to put the college id and a few bucks. In the gift box we'll throw a little curling ribbon, colored tissue and little odds and ends that i pick up...chap stick, small lotions, note cards, etc...or Cass may choose to pick up a candy bar or nail polish to make a sweet gift.




There are lots of easy patterns (free too) out there so goggle away. Also...you can find many inexpensive PDF patterns on ETSY. A little caution...etsy...is addictive, proceed with care!




TIP** I've made these pouches for just about every occassion..one thing i've been doing that really improves the finished look--i line them with flannel. I buy tons whenever Joanns or whomever is having a sale. I also think fabric handbags look so much better with flannel lining. It just seems to make the bag 'hang' better.

3 comments: