About Me

My photo
I'll be chatting/rambling here occasionally about what i'm making, sewing or what i'm learning walking this life...and all the blessings that have come my way. Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from You!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A challenge from Itlay!

Morning ALL!


Sweet blogging friend Renata, from Zigzago,http://zigzago-zigzago.blogspot.com/, has challenged me to list seven things about my self...so here we go



#1 Annoyingly optimistic-my life long role model Polly Anna! (having written that..I'm sure you all feel the same way about Polly Anna)

#2 I'm a happy crier not a sad one. My children have been long horrified by this. Watching them at church, on stage or an athletic event I'm a weeping willow..at funeral...dry as a bone.

#3 I have the attention span of a gnat! I sit in the middle..first or second row at church so i can not be sidetracked. YIKES- also to make my singing less painful to those who might have the misfortune of sitting in front of me

#4 Prefer plastic food (think gummy worms) as opposed to real desert (think pie, cheesecakes etc) What is the deal with the name cheesecake anyway...makes me think of a hunk of cheddar with chocolate frosting-guess you can see why i don't eat that!

#5 I used to disc jockey for a top 40 station in my early 20's

#6 I like square things...guess that is why I drive a Honda element!

#7 I love sheep! i don't know why...maybe because i am one.



After reading the above i hope you don't feel like I'm too disturbed...odd yes...disturbed no...well probably not! Have a great day!

p.s. the above picture from Kindergarten...donut on my head...thanks to my mother-the frustrated 'wanna be" beautician (smirk on my face-remembering great pain in flicked by this lovely "do")

p.s.p.s. those of you experiencing a cold snap in the north east...my fault! I put my winter clothes away yesterday!!!

10 comments:

sherry said...

Your hairstyle .. hm .. I think we may be of similar age cuz those types hair-do's sprang up all over the place back then. ugh. I recall being forced, kicking and screaming, to get my hair done by Betty at Betty's Bit-O-Beauty on Main Street. A Pixie hair-do. I despised it immensely. I do not have fond thoughts. Another despised hair-do is a fluffy perm on that pixie getup. You. Have. No. Idea. The. Horrors...

So nice to get to know you better. Yeah, that's the ticket. ;o)

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

shelia said...

PERMS!!!
i forgot to mention...my mother was sure..the HOTTER the water...the longer the perm would stay in...i'm sure i must still have scars :)

Bible Babes said...

Hey, I thought it was a picture of Holly and my next thought was, 'Uh,oh, she's gonna kill Sheila'! Third thought was, 'what was Shelia thinking with that hairdo?' Ha-Ha - it's Shy Shelia, ;-) and I forgive your mom 'cause I'm guessing this was in the mid/late 60's!!
But honestly, you are darling!!

~Bren~ said...

I am certain your do was the envy of the class!!
Disturbed, no...a tad eccentric, yes, but it makes you interesting.

Jen said...

I love the hairstyle Sheila! Thanks for sharing this, your honesty is lovely! {I am a happy crier too!}

Anonymous said...

It was fun reading a little about you and the picture is cute too. (o:

LunaMoonbeam said...

What a great picture! hahaha My mother gave up on trying to do our hair after she spent 45 minutes putting a french braid in my sister's hair, and it fell out in 5 minutes.

Mrs. Teapot said...

You look adorable. I think you are quite hilarious. I was laughing at the things you wrote. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Teapot

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel