Friday, June 25, 2010
Two words...Basil Lemonade!
We've been continuing our study on THE EXCELLENT WIFE...(i still have quite a ways to go)....
BUT....last night wonderful neighbor, JUDY, pulled out all the hospitality stops at study. Many taste treats I'll be sharing.
I don't cook that much, but i can steal a good recipe!
This is just lovely, light and wonderful!!!
* 1/2 cup rinsed lightly packed fresh basil leaf
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 4 cups water
* 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1 sprig fresh basil
* In a 1 1/2 to 2 Qt glass bowl, combine basil leaves and sugar.
* With a wooden spoon, crush leaves with sugar until thoroughly bruised;
add water and lemon juice,
* Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes;
* Taste and add more sugar if desired.
* Pour through a strainer into ice-filled glasses.
* Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil. (i'm a good garnisher...my kind of "cooking")
I've just started making Baby Boy H a quilt. (grand baby boy due August 15)Lots still to do...i plan an appliqueing a giraffe and his name...should he get one! :)
Have a great weekend friends!